16 December 2007

Sunday Thoughts

Awoke to the sounds to snow blowers at about 630AM. I hit the driveway (man, was it cold this morning!) about 645AM to join the chorus; however, it was a chorus of grunts coming from me since I have a snow shovel instead of a snow blower. Shari called me in at about 815AM just as I tossed the last mound of snow of the sidewalk. Left me about 20 minutes to get ready for church. Shari, PTL, and I were there about ten minutes before church started, but the girls were late. Good thing Sarah has a car.

Sunday School was enlightening today. Gospel Doctrine class focused on the last few chapters of the Book of Revelations. It's sobering to consider the destruction foretold applies to our time. Sister Castleton made a good point about the comfort found in the fact that those that are prepared will be saved.

Not much rest for the weary today since I had two Home Teaching appointments after church and then our Home Teachers came over. It was 400PM before I had a chance to take off my tie. Finally!

Should be a quiet night. "The Amazing Race" isn't on as it is being preempted by the finale of "Survivor." Didn't that show jump the shark a long time ago? (umm....yes) Like after the "Survivor Celebrity" edition? At least there's a new episode of "The Simpsons." Mark your calendars - Dec. 18 is a mere two days away - "The Simpsons Movie" DVD is out on the 18th. Get to the store early!

No comments: