23 December 2007

Man, it's cold.....

It's a quiet Sunday afternoon here in the Den. It is, however, FREEZING. According to the all knowing www.weather.com, it's 16 degrees here today but with the wind chill, it feels like -2 degrees. I will testify to the fact that it is cold. Wicked cold. The wind is just howling causing the snow to blow horizontally. I'm glad I'm in the basement bunker right now. Blowing snow and freezing temperatures does not, I repeat, does NOT make it feel more like Christmas.

Good morning at Church. Only one more week of the 9AM block and then we move to the 11AM block in January. At least it's not a late "Outer Darkness" block like 3PM. Our speakers today honed in on the importance of focusing on the real meaning of this season - posing the question what is the gift you offer the Savior? I have yet to answer that appropriately. I don't want it to be a pat, Sunday School answer - I know that I need to offer Him something better as this year ends and as I contemplate the blessings I have as a result of Him. I'll answer that question - I know I will.

Wound up teaching the 11 year old Primary class today - that's what you get when your wife is in the Primary presidency and you're standing around in the hall, yapping with a buddy. These kids are so funny - they've turned 12 and are so done with Primary. Only had twenty minutes with them and we talked about the signs of Christ's coming and what that means today. It was a cool discussion.

Need to call my mom and dad soon. It's their 49th wedding anniversary today. 49 years! That's something else. I would do well to emulate them here. Shari and I celebrate 19 years in four days, so we continue to work to follow their example. Am also looking forward to dinner with friends this early evening (another set of western US refugees - they moved here about two months before we did from Utah) and then hunkering down for "The Amazing Race." Then I can call it a day.

No comments: