15 December 2007

Snowing Again

It seems appropriate that my first entry should be one lamenting the snow that is coming down right now. The crack team of Chicago weathermen aimed a little low on the snow predictions - a mere one to four inches. Suddenly that's turned into five to eight inches. Excellent. I've given up on shoveling the driveway and sidewalks until it stops. At least it's not a heavy, wet snow. Seems to minimize the heart attack factor. The snow made the run to Costco that Shari and I did this morning seem more like a slog. Can someone please tell me why Costco shoppers feel compelled to block the aisles with their carts at all times? Is it some way to get an insiders' discount that we're not aware of?

So I'm sure that tomorrow morning will dawn with a pile of snow that will require significant shoveling - love it!

No comments: