14 February 2008

In the seventh ring of Dell

In looking to see if Kelly had responded to my challenge to take my pending libel action against her and her other "Moms4Mitt" cohort Naomi to a cagematch on "Judge Judy," I saw that she has gone offline due to computer problems. I thought that was some sa-weet justice for her Photoshop shenanigans, but no sooner did I begin to delight in said thoughts that the computer that Shari and I have shared for years, essentially gave up the ghost. Karma is a cruel taskmaster. So's a fried hard drive.

A buddy of mine (and, conveniently, our trusty home teacher) is an IT guru for a big ol' advertising agency downtown came over last night and diagnosed the computer as barely clinging to life. He didn't offer a whole lot of hope for saving the old gray mare either. He's handy though - he had a spare hard drive laying around his house and he brought it over to help diagnose what was ailing our computer. So after the bleak assessment, we have plunged into the seventh ring of Dell and are on the hunt for the right solution for our computing needs. And we are leaning towards his-and-hers laptops. I'm thinking that's a very workable solution. This much is true though that we need to do something fast. Shari and I have hijacked the kids' computer and that's not fair to them. I can't use my work laptop either for personal stuff-the Bank no likey likey. So we need to make with some new computers right now. And we'll probably go with Dells again, further enslaving us to their corporate machine. Is it even possible to unhook from corporate servitude?

Speaking of corporate servitude, the ex-Pandering Presidential Politico, Mitt R., flip-flopped yet again today. Less then two weeks ago, the Mitter was running vitriolic negative ad campaigns against the angriest man in the U.S. Senate, John McCain. And what do we have today...Mitt's new BFF is none other than McCain.

So suddenly McCain is, in Flipper's words, "...a true American hero" and that "the caliber of the man was apparent." As Chief Wiggum says when he is frequently stymied, "Wha...?" This much I'll say, at least Romney's consistent. He keeps flipping. I'm just not sure why he's doing so in this case. He can't be jockeying for the Vice President role. Maybe there's a Cabinet position he's got his eye on - who knows?!

I am so glad it's Friday tomorrow. It's been a heinous week at the office. Shari and I have a dinner tomorrow night and then we celebrate Sarah's 18th birthday on Saturday. She's taking the day off and so she gets to take it easy. She deserves it.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Don't let her fool you--Kelly's computer is just fine. She is just laying low until she sees what kind of revenge you have in store. . . :) J/K

There is nothing more frustrating than computer woes--although, his and hers lap tops sounds rather nice. The only way I ever get anything new is when Kevin upgrades and I get his cast offs!

Hope you have a great weekend and tell Sarah Happy 18th!!