19 February 2008

Packing Up Again

Long, dang long, day at the office - didn't get home til nearly 6:30PM. Lots to do in advance of leaving tomorrow on this nine-day trip. Mexico City, Washington DC, and Philadelphia. I do the first two cities tomorrow through Friday and then Friday to the next Friday, it's Philadelphia. I will be at the Wharton School attending a week-long Executive Education session, like an MBA "boot camp." It should be quite interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to this Friday as I am meeting my dad in Philadelphia. He has been trying since about as long as I can remember to get his children to Philly to see where he grew up. My sibings have been but he and I have never been able to make it happen. And now we are. It will be just me and him for the weekend and I am really looking forward to it. It will be fun to reconnect and I am looking forward to seeing where he grew up. It will be interesting to see the environment that helped shaped Dad into the man he is and the father that he has been to me.

This is a long time to be gone from the family though. I hate long trips like this. I haven't had one like this since 2000, as close as I can recall. I'll miss Shari and the kids tremendously. I just hope that we don't get a pounding snowstorm. It's no longer funny but whenever I leave on a trip of more than two days, we get pounded. Pounded. Right now, it's just stupid cold and only trace snow in the forecast, but I'd really like to go knowing that Parker isn't going to have to spend his life shoveling while I'm gone.

Courtney and Parker are at Mutual (Courtney drove again - gaining more and more confidence each time she's behind the wheel). Sarah is home - she's out of Young Women now. Strange to have her home. This is a whole new dynamic at Casa Lyons....

No comments: