11 May 2008

Mother's Day

It's been a rainy Mother's Day here in Chicagoland. It started raining - hard - in the middle of the night and didn't stop until we were leaving for Church. I'm glad it rained as hard as it did as it worked as my alarm clock. I got out of Dayton, mercifully, on an earlier flight Saturday night, but was quite tired by the time I got home. So I got up this morning and made cinnamon muffins and scrambled eggs for Shari. Parker had gotten up too and helped me.

We woke up the girls and took breakfast into Shari. It was a low-wattage affair but was a nice way to start the day. Shari laughed at her cards from Parker and me and that was the reaction we had hoped for. Mission accomplished. Then it was the usual rush to get ready for Church. Church was fine - the usual carnations passed out to all the women in the congregation. We've got to up the budget on honoring the women of the ward, I'm just saying.

Came home and the rush to make Mother's Day Dinner was on. I'd decided to do a fairly easy chicken parmesean and bowtie pasta. At the last minute, I decided to top each chicken breast with prosciutto. Again, Parker helped and he made cheese rolls. Things appeared to be going well and it all looked good until Shari cut into her chicken and of course, it hadn't cooked through all the way. I was really embarrassed that I had underestimated the cook time. So that kind of ruined dinner in my opinion.

Neither of us has had a chance to talk to our mom's yet, but I'll be glad to do that. I still don't quite understand how I've managed to be blessed with an amazing mother and a wife who has been the best mother to our children. It's more evidence of a merciful Father in Heaven, if you ask me.

3 comments:

heidi said...

I'm just impressed that you made something with a fancy name to it. Here it was the old fashioned roast in the crockpot--at least I didn't do the WHOLE thing.

Hope your weather clears up soon.

jill said...

You are right Michael...you are lucky. And so are they!

Naomi said...

Any meal that I don't have to do one thing with is a huge success, if you ask me. Sounds like you guys spoiled Shari and made it a fabulous day!