03 May 2008

Behold the Cup Cake!


Is there any better comfort food than a cupcake? And not some crappy, sealed in plastic, mass-produced variety...no I speak of a homemade cupcake, made in love, or in the case of the photo above, in an act of penance. And it's even better when said cupcake is in fact a giant cupcake.

A little background...as I was driving home yesterday, I called Shari as I do to check in (I've done that our entire married life - thanks, Dad, for that habit - I took it from you.) As we wrapped up, she said that Courtney needed to talk to me. It was then that Courtney revealed that she had inadvertently deleted a picture from my cell phone. Sadly it was the only picture that I had of me and an actress called Joanna Lumley in full "Patsy" mode from a party earlier this year in London. Courtney was in full repentance mode (I had to pretend I was more upset than I actually was to be honest). So I told her she had to make me something good to make up for the heinous deletion. So she got to work on the giant cupcake and when Shari and I got home from Ward Temple Night last night, there was the beloved and comforting cupcake. It was AWESOME!

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should point out that the picture was with a wax image of "Patsy." Well, the sun is shining and it's earlier here in Chicagoland so it's time to go hit the Forest Preserve and run, then mow the lawn (first time in about six months) and then figure out the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every smart girl knows the way to her Daddy's heart. . .

Naomi said...

Ooooops, that was me. I guess that Kev was logged onto his account on MY computer. Seeing such goodnes has got me off to find some goodies of my own!