02 July 2008

One Night in Bangkok - No, Five

It seems fitting on what is our first really steamy summer night here in Chicagoland that I am working on my visa paperwork for Bangkok. Steamy Bangkok. I've been invited to speak in Bangkok in early October and looking at my calendar over the next few months, I need to get my visa secured now. I've got about four weeks where I can be without my passport. So I'm working on that tonight. I'm pretty excited about this opportunity in Bangkok - it will be my first trip to Thailand. It's also the chance to speak at a session of this conference as well as facilitate an open conversation session with my peers from across Asia. Very much looking forward to it.

I'm flying over on Thai Airways and they've put me on their nonstop from LA to Bangkok. A mere seventeen and a half hours in flight. That's going to be a little rough...seriously. It must be my day for contemplating long flights. I'm also securing the flights for Shari and I to go to Sydney at the end of next month. That'll be fourteen and a half hours of fun from San Francisco to Sydney. We'll be on the old Gray Mare - United - and that's going to be tough - the old business class seats don't lend themselves to serious comfort on that long flight.

I'm not working tomorrow - taking a floating holiday. Looking forward to that. Parker and I going to run some errands and hang out. Friday is a 5K first thing and then it's over to Indiana to camp and jet-ski in the shadow of our nuclear power plant. Can't wait!

In honor of the trip to Bangkok, tonight's video couldn't be more obvious. I give you Murray Head and "One Night in Bangkok":

1 comment:

Julia said...

I feel really sorry that you have to sit in BUSINESS CLASS to Austrailia. But... it could be worse. You could sit back with us commoners with our knees under chins for 14 hours. Hope you have a wonderful time. I will be having an even more wonderful time with your terrific kids. Love you all lots and lots.