24 July 2010

Friday Night - Shrimp Tacos and Bugsy...Malone

We've been buffeted by all kinds of thunderstorms all night and it led to my 10 miler being canceled this morning (lightning was crazy). Looks like the rain will be with us all day.

When it started last night, I was grilling. Grilling this:


That's right. Shrimp. Shrimp on the barbie...queue the lame Australian accents and jokes now. We grilled the shrimp for tacos. They were darn good. Of course, we had to grill some chicken for CAL, our psuedo-vegetarian. Still trying to figure that one out.

After dinner, I subjected my kids to an oldie that I found on Netflix. Bugsy Malone.

Yes, that musical about gangsters featuring a cast full of kids, including Jodie Foster and Scott Baio. This is proof that his acting career should have ended with this film, but no, he had to go on and give us the soul crushing "Charles in Charge." Scott, you owe the good people of America an apology.

I remember seeing "Bugsy Malone" when it came out. I had to be about ten. It seemed pretty clever then. Now, in seeing it again, not so much. It's just plain creepy. And weird. I guess I can only blame the 70's. What a weird decade. Seriously. I mean kids vamping it up like adults (go to YouTube and search "Bugsy Malone" and you'll see what I mean). No, I'll give you a taste of it now:


There are no words.

No comments: