30 July 2010

Highlight of a slow news Friday

This has been a long, long week at work and I'm really glad Friday is here. I'm looking forward to the weekend. It will be good to spend some time with the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML. It's another week of only one child - CAL was at Church Girls Camp this past week and the Boy leaves for a full week of Scout Camp. To him, I say good luck.

While my week has been anything but slow, it seems that this Friday has been a slow news day. The news has mostly focused on Ellen DeGeneres quitting the train wreck that is American Idol. How that is headline news worthy, I know not. I did, however, come upon this gem, this highlight of a slow news Friday:

N.J. man gets jail for vomit-assault at game


What? Apparently said New Jersey resident, pictured above forced himself to puke, or as the article put it, "projectile vomited" on a man and his daughter at a Phillies game in April. The story ran in the Associated Press on msnbc. Read it yourself here.

Unbelievable. The comments about the character of the puking perpetrator by his family are worth the read. Unbelievable. Sure makes me eager to get to a ballgame. Instead of trying to catch a foul ball, now you wonder if you need to catch chunks. Nice.

No comments: