14 February 2011

Anti-V. D.

It's time for my annual position statement on Valentine's Day.  As the title of this post suggests, I'm against it.  I guess the title is subject to interpretation and just to be clear, in this case, "Anti-V. D." is a reflection of my feelings about Valentine's Day.  And for the record, I'm also against venereal disease as well as all other STD's, but I digress.

This image, which you may remember from my 2010 Valentine's Day post, continues to sum up my feelings about this day:
Manipulative and shallow.  That pretty much sums it up.  Let me be clear - just because I find this day ridiculous doesn't mean I don't love my wife.  I do.  I just don't need a consumer hijacked day to make me proclaim that love.  The stunningly patient and mighty fine SML knows how much I love her.  She's beyond amazing and I can't imagine my life without her.  She is the best.  She puts up with a lot and I am forever grateful for her patience, her love, and for making me want to be a better man each and every day.

And she still found it in her heart to make Mongolian Beef and Red Velvet Whoopie Pies tonight.  By all that's holy, how did I get so lucky?

No comments: