12 February 2011

Heading home

I used to do five-day trips, and even longer ones, like they were nothing.  Easy peasy.  Not so much anymore.  I am more than ready to get home and I'll be on a plane in a few hours, doing exactly that.

This has been a good trip but a long one.  And I've learned something...five years of winters, winters that have gotten progressively worse with each year, in Chicago has made me really uncomfortable in warmer weather.  As I was driving around Phoenix yesterday, the outside temperature was 72 or 73 degrees.  I had the A/C in the car blasting and I was sweating.  I was not wearing Chicago winter clothers.  I was dressed for the temperature but it was liking to kill me.  I thought it was hot.  What is wrong with me?  Or better yet, what has living in Chicago done to me?

1 comment:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

It has turned you into a Chicagoan. And I am so sorry. Next you'll find yourself wanting to vote multiple times in the School Board elections.