23 February 2011

Something I miss

Maybe it's the fact that this Midwestern winter seems like it will never end or maybe it's the fact that it's Wednesday and it feels like the.longest.week.ever, but I realize there's something missing in my life.  Running.

There, I've said it.  I've been a lousy runner since my last half marathon several months ago.  I think I've run a grand total of 12 miles since then and I feel lousy as a result.  My addiction to carbs is beginning to show and that's not good.  I could cover that when I was running 20 miles a week. 

So I've got to get back out there.  I'm admitting it here that I've been a lousy runner and that I want to get better.  I want to run again.  I know, it's up to me.  If anyone would like to offer any inspiration or shame to get me going, please comment.
I look like an idiot when I run but I'm ready to look like an idiot again.

1 comment:

ptl said...

just do it