27 December 2014

26

I like the juxtaposition of the contrasting colors that surround the '26' in the picture on the left. The black, white, and grey with the reds and the pop of blue. It's kind of cool.

It also tells a little of the story of the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML and me. Today, 27 December, we celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. I've been the more 'black and white' one in our relationship and she has been the one to be the warmer, smoother of us. But, like the blue and white boldness of the pictured 26, together, we've made something that pops, that, if I do say so myself, works.

I knew from the minute I saw this girl that I would marry her. And once I got her in my arms, as seen from the death grip in the first picture below, I wasn't going to let her go. Also, in spite of the fact it looks like I'm trying to give her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation through her one good ear in that picture (side note - this reason #138 why I didn't pursue a career in medicine - you're welcome, and to the medical malpractice attorneys, well sorry), the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML decided, all those years ago to marry me. I cannot begin to tell you how glad I am that she did.

My life without her? Perish the thought. Let's not speak of that again.
Have fun with a couple of images from our beginning - we had fun all those years ago. We're still having fun.

Dating...it was the 80's

12/27/88 - Holy Mother of Veils! Again, we blame the 80's

Maui. I'll apologize for my swimsuit now. Again, the 80's













Happy 26th Anniversary, love of my life.

No comments: