09 January 2008

Global Warming?

So could it be that Al Gore is right? Probably not, although the weather in the Chicagoland area over the last few days made me think maybe he might be onto something. Our high on Monday was 65 degrees. I drove home with my sunroof open. Of course, there was no sun, but seriously! 65 degrees on January 7th. It was in the high 50's yesterday and even today, in the 40's, it still didn't feel like Chicago in the winter. It looks like we'll go back to the awful winter normal this weekend, so too bad, Al, not so much on the global warming.

It's a strange time, to be sure. She Who Cannot Be Named took New Hampshire, but not by much, and McCain wins one too. It's a world gone mad. Those little upsets seemed to tone down the "change" rhetoric, but I fear that is only for a moment.

All I know is that all this has me thinking that I need a trip to one of my favorite places, sooner rather than later. I hear the siren song of Hong Kong calling me...














I took this picture of the Hong Kong Central side from outside the IFC Mall next to the Four Seasons last year. Man, I need to go back.


I doubt I'll be there before April given my work calendar and association commitments. Heck, it'll be here before I know it.

The kids are back in school after their holiday break. All seems to be going well. Courtney in particular is excited about Driver's Ed. She takes her permit test this Friday. I don't know if I'm ready for this.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn’t realize how much I have been missing the cynical rantings since you guys moved until I discovered your blog. I LOVE IT! Man, I wish you and the family still lived here. I tried to call what I thought was your cell the week before last but the number now belongs to another guy, also named Michael by the way. (Imagine the fool I made of myself) Email me the new one. We should talk.