30 January 2008

Wii've done it!

So Parker's quest that began on 26 December 2007 to get a Wii is now over. After 35 days of countless trips to every purveyor of Wii's in the surrounding area, Shari managed to find a brand-new Wii for Parker at GameStop. Let the praises begin! There's much joy in Mudville. Parker, suffice to say, is elated.

I played it for the very first time tonight. For someone whose idea of a challenging video game is PacMan and who really hasn't sat down in front of a TV video game since the days of Atari's beloved Pong, the Wii is intimidating at first. But I figured if retirement home administrators are buying these things more than Geritol for their "guests", I could give it a go. OK - it's a kick. I quickly managed to get the hang of bowling, so apparently I will fit right in when I hit the retirement home circuit. Tennis was a little more challenging. And then there is the full-body seizure that is boxing. Watching Shari and Sarah go a couple of rounds was a riot. I'm still not understanding why I have to face the TV instead of my opponent when I'm in the ring, but maybe I'll get it one day. Maybe.

For now, I know that Parker is elated and that we had a really good time as a family tonight breaking it in. And given that we are looking at a pretty hard snow storm the next few days, it might be good to have something for us to do as a family.

2 comments:

kEllY said...

Wii'd love to challenge your family to the sport of your choice. I have to let you know that I AM a pro bowler! I really am a white trash breeder, huh? Have fun! It is sooo addicting.

Michael said...

Seriously, how is it that you don't have a Camaro on blocks in the front yard of your mobile home? With the laundry hanging out back?