07 February 2009

Bring the warm!

The last two months of winter have been brutal, convincing anyone in the Chicagoland-area that global warming is more myth than impending doom (sorry, Al Gore). Well, in a delightful turn of events, it turned all kinds of warm last night. So warm that the snow that covered our patio table (it was about a one foot pile, making the table look more like a casket) melted completely. Absolutely no jacket required. At one point, the outside temperature gauge on the Swedemobile read 62 degrees. Here's the proof:
I'd like to think that I brought this weather with me from Brazil but I know that's not true. But I'm still going to think it.

It's good to be home again. I've finally gotten through the pile of mail and bills and got caught up on email. We did the slog to Costco today and it was not horrible. It was actually as quiet as I've ever seen a Costco. Not sure how to take that. Hope it's not a reflection on the economy. Went to two Church basketball games. Ah Church ball...violence and degradation that is usually reserved for dodgeball finds another home. Nice. The stunningly patient SML and daughter #2, CAL, were afraid I'd be a victim of some kind of violence or that I would offend a slew of people at the games because I wore my "Obama" t-shirt. Well, the Church did not implode and no one appeared to be offended. So we can move on happily now.

Speaking of happy, the Boy and I are going to try the new Halal/Falafel/Schwarma place, Cafe Naf Naf, this evening. I hope it's good. I'm going to be bummed if it blows.

No comments: