07 February 2009

Start 'Em Young

We have some good friends, Mark and Elaine, who recently celebrated the birth of their first grandchild, a boy named Mark. This has been an exciting time for them and we're grateful that they've let us share in that excitement. I'd been pondering for quite some time on what would be a good gift for young Mark, something memorable. Now his grandmother and I had more than one "friendly" exchange during the 2008 Presidential campaign. Let's just say that we were in different camps. Had her candidate won, we'd all be wondering what that candidate (the oldest and angriest man in the US Senate) was thinking by choosing a complete nut like Sarah "I can see Russia from my house!" Palin as his VP. I'm just saying. Anyway, I digress. I struck gold as I was passing through the Washington Dulles International Airport on Thursday morning as I was coming back from Brazil. That airport is puking with "America" stores - mere fronts for political trinkets and trash. I saw the Obama bib and knew instantly that it was crying out for a home with young Mark. I had to make it so. So the purchase was made and tonight was the first chance I had to give said gift. Take a look:
The Obama Boys!

So the bib is a little big, but no matter. It's awesome. His grandmother was incensed and suggested several other uses for the bib. I'll let you fill in the blanks as to what those suggestions were. But it's all good. I've probably killed any chance of us getting to baby-sit him without the presence of a Republican supervisor. Dang it.

1 comment:

believe and be happy said...

Hi friends of the "Lyons Den". As you know,Mike was so kind to give our new grand baby a gift. A nice "Obama" bib. There is something about spit and Obama's name that seem to go together. Mike's right you can never start too soon forming
children into responsible citizens. I am sure when Mark learns to talk
he will have a few choice words about Obama.

It is interesting, Mike and I actually started out in the same election campaign "camp". It was called "Chicago's Mike for Mitt" Sadly when the perfect candidate for Pres. dropped out of the race we both had to look for someone else to vote for. Neither party gave us any good choices. Actually I heard that Obama really is not a democrat. He was forced to run as a democrat, because the communist party doesn't have enough voters.

So, for my friend Mike and I it was either Obama or someone who actually has experience. I am sorry to say that Mike was swayed by the talk of "change" (Would that be like changing a diaper?) With the election results, all we can do is keep praying for the country! And wait for 2012 when Mark's spit rag will no longer be needed by him and our country will no longer need Obama!!