12 November 2010

23rd Season of "The Simpsons" Ordered

As my work week draws to a close, I wanted to highlight one of the most important news stories of the week.  Obama's trip to Asia?  No.  Rep. John Boehner's impossible tan?  No, although one wonders how he's not dead from UV ray poisoning.  But I digress.  The big news?
23 years and they haven't aged a day

Fox has ordered up as 23rd, yes 23rd, season of only the Best.Television.Show.Ever.  I speak, of course, of "The Simpsons."  I could not be more pleased at this news.  While I've not been as devout a viewer this season thanks to CBS scheduling "The Amazing Race" at the same hour, I've been able to catch up thanks to online episodes and it's still just awesome.  Sure, after 22 seasons, a couple, but only a couple, of the scripts may have seemed a little tired, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a show that still so sharply satirizes American life.  It's brilliant.  This opener from earlier this season is proof-positive of the brilliant satire:

So to Matt Groening and team, I say "Well done!"  I'm eager for a 23rd season, and many more. 

No comments: