21 November 2010

Black Paint + Church Carpet + One Year Old = Not Good

I was never a math genius.  It took me two years to pass Algebra in high school and I stormed out of Geometry three weeks into my senior year.  I took one math class in college - the one I needed to take to graduate, so suffice to say, formulas are not my friend.  But this one I could figure out:

(black paint) + (church carpet) + (a one-year old) = a bad situation

And, lo and behold, that's what happened while getting religion today.  I was chatting with a couple of people, including the Boy, in one of the halls (yeah, we probably should have been in Sunday School, but that's beside the point).  One of the moms I was talking to had her one-year old son and he was trolling around.  Someone had left out several cans of paint from the big production our church had done the week before and said cool little one year old knocked into one.  The black one.  The one that was pretty much full.  The one that didn't have the lid secured on.  You don't have to be a mental giant to know what happened next.  Something akin to this:
Not a Rohrshack test inkblot!
So the mom and I dove to the ground like we taking cover from incoming missles to start the clean-up.  I'm in my nicest suit (tailor in Hong Kong did a fine job with this suit) so off goes the coat and tie and we get to work.  This draws a crowd.  Lots of 'helpful' commentary.   And by 'helpful' commentary, I mean not so much, until someone hit on the idea of a shop vac!  Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!  So the order was issued to bring the shop vac from home.  In the meantime, one brother who oversees the physical facility took over and before you knew it, most of the paint was gone.  He was a trooper!  And then another brother showed with the shop vac and the carpet was back to normal!  Kind of a big relief.

Glad we've got industrial strength carpet in the building.  It may be ugly but I'm telling you it'll withstand nuclear war.

No comments: