14 November 2010

Learning to drive

In our fine state, one is eligible for a permit at 15 years old.  But in a bit of a twist, you can't get your permit until you've completed all manner of tests and classes, so I have yet to find a kid who's gotten his/her permit the day they turned 15 (cue the audible sigh of relief).

The Boy turned 15 a couple of months ago and we are beginning in earnest to do this:
Good times...right?
So the Boy and I have been out on one driving experience so far and he did, I must say, a good job, a really good job.  Demonstrated some mad skills parking the car and also worked hard to show he was taking the responsibility seriously.  He's been taking mental notes, watching his mother, sisters, and me drive.  Mostly the examples set have been good ones.  Unlike this:
Never get tired of this...way to go, Britney!  What a good mom!
Shortly the Boy will start driving school and will be on his way to an official permit.  I'm sure my insurance company is elated.  I drive by their headquarters whenever I go to my office and they are doing a very extensive renovation on said building.  I think that CapEx is being funded by the anticipated increase in our premiums once we add the Boy.  Can't WAIT for that first premium bill!

No comments: