26 May 2011

In a sea of 785, there was my girl - now with photos!

It's been three years since Our Lady of BYU graduated from high school and as a result, I'd forgotten just how crazy the week of graduation can be.  It's been nuts.  Although it's been crazy, last night we watched CAL take the stage and accept her diploma.

She was one of 785 graduates and it was tough to pick her out in the processional.  Of course, it didn't help that Mother Nature (a contemptible sheshrew, if there ever was one) was doing her level best to ruin the evening.  School officials decided to start the graduation, held outdoors, early as we had a storm bearing down us.  The winds blew the entire time and it was cold.  It's late May and it was cold.  What we are feeling is called winter, not spring.  But I digress...

They also decided to dispense with all the graduation speech shenanigans and just get to the meat of the matter - the graduates!  It was wonderful to hear CAL's name read and to see her accepting her diploma.  She had her white cords, in honor of her hours of service.  It was cool to see.  She truly stood out in that sea of 785 kids.  I felt that same wave of emotion as I saw her but I didn't cry.  Don't hate - if I had, the tears would have frozen to my face. 

CAL has made us very proud (calm down!  proud in a good way, not a destructive way).  I'm excited to see how she does at university.  It's going to be good.  Really good.  And she's going to do great things.

Photos courtesy of The Chief Pilot (father-in-law):


Thank you, Mother Nature, for making this an eventful evening.

No comments: