26 June 2008

A Couple of Days in New York City

It is so summer in New York City! It's been close to 90 degrees and borderline unpleasantly humid. And the City is AWASH in tourists, mostly Europeans (yep, a lot of black socks, sandals, and man-pris), who clearly continue to feast on the weakness of the US Dollar. I'm here for a couple of days - spent the day today in the GM Building at a forum with several of my industry peers. It was productive. We had a lot of good discussion surrounding the challenges we each face in our corporate environments. I'll spend tomorrow in my office on 40th and 5th with my team here and then back to Chicagoland late in the afternoon, in time for dinner with friends at an Argentine place and then it's home to get ready for my next 5K on Saturday morning.

After my meetings this afternoon I went down to Central Park to run a 3K trainer run. Can I just tell you that it was awesome! There were so many people running in the park that it was like running a race. Wound up pacing with a couple of other runners and it made for a really good run. I have to admit that it was pretty cool to be running through the Park. What an amazing piece of real estate...Got back to my hotel, the Iroqouis, grabbed a shower, and then was out on the street again for a little dinner at Pret-a-Manger. There are Prets all over London and whenever I get to New York, I like to at least get a sandwich there. It takes me back to London every time. The only thing missing is my beloved crayfish and rocket sandwich. That doesn't appeal, apparently, to US eaters, but it does me. So Pret, please bring it across the Atlantic!

No comments: