18 June 2008

The Swedemobile is Killing Me

Right off the bat, let me just say I am not even going to speak of today's events - putting Sarah on a plane to begin her first semester at BYU in Provo. Still too much for to process, let alone talk about.

So depending on how you look at it, the decision by my Swedemobile to up and die yesterday was some interesting timing. It's either keeping me from falling apart over my daughter's leaving and it's giving me something to blog about rather than weeping.

The Swedemobile elected to give up the ghost yesterday with no warning WHATSOEVER while I was in the McDonalds drive-thru line grabbing a large Diet Coke (for a mere dollar during the summer here in Chicagoland!!) in between conference calls. I hadn't even gotten to Window #1 to pay, and the sixteen-year old money fascist manning the window had the audacity to cancel my order. Suffice to say his complete disregard to the gravity of the situation was not appreciated. After pushing the hunk o'metal into a parking spot, I began to ponder if this was not a sign for feeding my need for an afternoon Diet Coke. But it's not like I was buying Diet Crack...it was Diet Coke!

After much negotiating with the Swedemobile (I kid you not...my solution was to talk to said car), I got it to stay on long enough to get the engine revved to about 1000 RPM and then I was off. I rolled every stop sign on the way back to my office, for if I stopped, so did the engine. I literally rolled into my parking spot and began the quest for a solution....

Long story short, the Saab dealer that services the Swede is forty miles from my office but they sent a tow truck. It took said tow truck four hours to get to my office. Let's just say happy I was not. I was even less happy when the Service Manager called me this morning with the diagnosis (a throttle gone wrong) and the bill. I won't even go into that tragedy.

So Swedemobile, I am so not happy with you right now. You have not been a Super Trouper, as your musical heritage may suggest. And so tonight's video is a reflection of that influence. It is from 1980, with some horrific cues from the 70's, and it's ABBA. Can anyone tell me what these people were thinking? Seriously. Like the Swedemobile, there's so much wrong with tonight's selection that it's not even funny. Well, yes, it is. Wait til you see this mess. Anyway, "Super Trouper"

4 comments:

Julia said...

Like rolling stops are something new! Sorry about your car though. We are really looking forward to our week with Courtney. I can't wait to see Shari and Sarah too. Take good care of our Parker boy.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the convenient places the car chooses to die. I will forever be grateful that my great cat, the Cougar, died right in our parking lot. Bless the maintenance boys for shoving it mostly into a parking spot. BTW, Jenny couldn't watch the video. After a closeup of one of them (A? B?), she shuddered and said it gave her the creeps.

Naomi said...

My personal fav was the super fugly turtleneck sweater. Kev's brother had a Saab to get the chicks, but it was constantly giving him grief with the repairs. Good luck!

So, when are you heading to Provo? I know you won't be able to stay away for long. . .

Anonymous said...

Should have bought a Volvo!

K :)