10 June 2008

Here Comes the RedEye

It's going to be a completely unpleasant couple of days of travel starting tomorrow. I have a noon flight to Los Angeles, which will put me in there around 3PM and then I have a car (NOTE - said Towncar will be stopping at the In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd right off LAX immediately after I get picked up) taking me to friggin' Universal City (land of burning studios) in order to give a speech and then it's back to LAX for a REDEYE, a REDEYE to Washington DC. I've got be in DC for meetings by 9AM on Thursday and this was the only way to pull it off. Check here for ME NOT HAPPY about the redeye, but that being said, I'm in First in both directions so that does take down the theatre of cruelty element, as does the fact that I am not flying the world's worst airline, USAirways. It's back to that old gray mare, United, and that is fine with me.

I'm still debating about taking a Tylenol PM for the flight to Dulles tomorrow night. The last time I fell that asleep on a plane, well, let's just say I was nearly asked to never fly America West again (it's a story for another time). Had I known then (it was 1987, people) what America West was going to devolve into, I would have been happy with a ban. I'll make the call tomorrow night at LAX.

Managed to get a three mile run in tonight. Shari went over to Herrick Lake with me and got her walk in while I ran. This was the first night in a few where it wasn't oppressively humid, so it made for a much better run. I was a lot happier with my time than a couple of days ago. That's the other thing that has me all kinds of worked up - my first race is this Saturday and I am spending the days before trotting around the country. I get home Friday night - here's hoping the thunderstorms skirt Chicagoland so I get home on time and get some rest before Saturday morning.

And for today's 80's video post-o-rama, let's go to the Queen of the 80's (hard to believe the old girl is still trying, desperately, to bring back the 'magic')-so throw on about a dozen black "o" ring plastic bracelets, and everyone that was at the memorable Temecula Humiliation Prom (why Humiliation Prom? see the photo above and ask no more), enjoy this. It's some vintage Madonna and "Borderline" -

2 comments:

heidi said...

yes! you just made my night. this is my all time favorite...it takes me back.

good luck on the red eye. Darin flew home from Washington Sunday morning suffering from food poisoning, so so sorry to the folks who flew with him that dreadful day...YUK!!

Anonymous said...

They have been advertising the new "Simpson's" ride at Universal Studios for weeks. I think of you everytime I see the commercial. Maybe you can get a quickie VIP "tour" of the ride while you are there. : )

Did you get my e-mail about PHIL?????
: ) : ) : )

Lisa
DisneyMommyof5