12 August 2008

I'll take Manhattan

And I'll take Manhattan all day on Wednesday. Day trip to New York City. One of those mad dashes from the airport to the Town Car to the office and six hours of meetings and back to the airport, so I can then wait on the tarmac for several hours. It will be awesome, I'm sure. I won't know what to do with myself if my flight home is on time...

It's quiet here in the Chicagoland suburbs tonight. PTL and CAL are at a Mutual Activity and Shari's all kinds of busy preparing her Sharing Time for Sunday and I find myself once again captivated by NBC's coverage of the Olympics. After the soul-crushing Opening Ceremonies (if I saw one more flag I was going to lost it-which is why I turned it off) on Friday night, I really didn't want to watch anymore of the Games. All it took was watching one of the swimming heats and that was it. Hooked again and that's been all we are watching. There really is something about the athleticism being displayed. But is it bad to admit that while watching the womens' bike race on Sunday, which played out in the pouring rain, I found myself hoping for a crash. Yeah, that probably does sound bad, huh?

3 comments:

heidi said...

Darin takes Arizona tomorrow for a day trip. He will get to go to Matt Leinart's (sp?) house, do a site survey (look around) and then hopefully if all works out for him--get his USC helmet signed (yes he will carry it on the plane). He says he'll do the whole nine yards with this install if it means getting all his memorabilia signed...have fun in Manhattan!

jill said...

Thats okay Mike, I was secretly wishing that one of the Chinese male gymnists would fall off the high bar so they wouldn't win gold. I don't know why I was thinking that, but I was sick of seeing the Americans do so well and then the Chinese doing better. Oh well.

Chessa K said...

Mike, you're not alone...since we don't have TV we get to watch the viewing of limited sports online(can I say that NBC's selection is less than favorable, except for the water polo)...Byron and I both were wishing that a horse would eat it during the equestrian cross country event...we were not dissappointed! Enjoy New York!