22 August 2008

Leg 1: ORD-SYD Underway!

Greetings from the new Red Carpet Club on Concourse B at O'Hare. We are underway! And our flight still shows on-time! It wasn't looking that way earlier today. It was steamy this morning and when I ran at 530AM, the air was thick. It made it all kinds of hard to cool down after said run. By 1PM, the skies couldn't hold back anymore and the dumping began. My heart sank.

For those of you familiar, either by choice or by painful experience, with O'Hare on a summer afternoon with a few thunderstoms, you know that it is nothing less than heinous. And when it started raining, visions of a misconnect to Sydney filled my head. The FAA website became my best friend so I could monitor delays at ORD. After about an hour of raining, it stopped and the sun came out. No call from United to advise of a delay, so we headed to the airport.

And here we are...no line at the Global Services check-in area. Straight to the head of the line at Security, and I found myself making a conscious effort to not run through the airport. I'm walking at Shari's pace...she even noticed. All a part of the early 20th wedding anniversary gift. We'll see if it lasts. I'll just be happy if I can get through our connecting point tonight without running!

Loving the free wireless at the airport (props to United for making it free in all their Red Carpet Clubs!) - looking forward to posting while we are Down Under.

No comments: