14 August 2008

It just gets more and more interesting....life

Somewhat contemplative this evening. Perhaps it's because, thanks to web- and teleconferences, I spanned the globe today. I began the day at 530AM with a call with colleagues in London and Hong Kong and ended the day with a call with colleagues in Sydney (and I'd like to point out that the Sydney vacation clock is ticking - eight days until departure). And then it's been all-Olympics, all the time today, and this whole week, and you see how small are world is as athletes from across the globe face off.

Realizing that I'd spanned the globe a couple of times today via technology got me to thinking about what an incredible world this is and how we are guilty of taking it for granted. Further, I continue to be amazed at how the hand of our Father in Heaven is so present in our lives. And yet, we take that for granted too. I am reminded tonight of just how present His hand is. It is simply amazing. I realize He knows our inner-most thoughts. Life just doesn't play out randomly. Things happen and don't happen because of a living Father in Heaven. To quote a familiar hymn, I stand all amazed.

No comments: