28 March 2011

The Campus Tour

Another rite of passage today.  We toured this campus:
Hail, BYU-I
BYU-Idaho is the campus of choice for CAL and she starts this fall.  Neither the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML nor I had been on said campus in more than 25 years, so it was good to be here today. 

We toured around via golf cart, a plastic-encased one, I might add.  It was snowing, so the plastic was appreciated.  Mother Nature is as fickle here as she is in the Midwest.  The campus has changed but we were delighted to see CAL getting more and more excited as we toured the grounds.  She seems genuinely excited about starting this new chapter in her life.  I do think it's going to be a great experience for her. 

So I'm really glad we did this.  She's going to be fine here.  We had a chance to reconnect with some of CAL's California friends who are here studying and they are doing well.  Wow!  They've grown up and it's further proof that my uncontrolled fall into the abyss of middle-age continues unabated.  Outstanding!

No comments: