27 March 2011

A long drive

As our spring break cavalcade continues, we are looking at a long day of driving today.  Somehow, I don't think it will be this level of bliss:
Oh advertising...why do you lie?

Nothing but bliss for that family of four.  Good for them, but for us, not so much.  The rental car we've got doesn't seem to lend itself to such euphoria.  Let's face it, I've never been much for driving long distances.  When it comes to vacations, I'm happy to drive about as far as the airport.  That's always worked nicely as it fits with my "If it doesn't have at least two engines and a flight attendant, why bother?" philosophy.  Today, not so much.  I know that the five or so hours we have of driving today really isn't that much.  I mean it's not like we are attempting a cross-country shoot me now, please kind of a drive.  This will be worth it as we will get to see where CAL will be living come this fall when she heads out to school.  It.Will.Be.Worth.It. 

No comments: