21 March 2011

So done with the PC

The stunningly patient and mighty fine SML has got to have the most virus-prone computer on the face of the planet.  It's infected once again this evening.  I can't even count how many times it's been infected.  Her PC is a regular HOT ZONE of computer viruses.  Nothing we do to protect/disinfect it seems to matter.  I am convinced it will shortly break out with the Ebola virus.  I am beyond frustrated.  Tonight's viral fiesta is the "Vista Security 2011" devil. None of the manual instructions are working.  I can't get out to the internet to try and download a fix.  I've had it.  It's time to get a Mac.  And to the little 13 year old tool in his flat in Bulgaria that cooked this one up (or any of the 1000's of other viruses), man, do I wish...well, never mind the cruelty I wish on you.  I'm supposed to be better than that.  Supposed to be...

From the journal (yes, a written journal - that's what we had before blogs, kids) 25 years ago: I am getting so bad at my writing schedule.  This being in a foursome hasn't helped in the least.  But V. and G. keep me laughing.  Especially G.  He is one funny Chilean...We've been trying to keep Hermana C. from having a stroke because of some crazy Mexican woman.  Finally have C. convinced to leave the country.  I really want her to get on a plane so she'll calm down...Started working with a lady from Colombia who is showing a lot of interest.  All of our Nicaraguan members are despondent because the $100 million aid to the Contras was rejected by Congress.  It is sad.  I wish the members of Congress could know these people the way we do.

No comments: