12 March 2011

To cruise or not to cruise

It's been a busy year of work for both the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML and me and we're not even out of the first quarter.  The kids are talking about Spring Break, which is right around the corner, and we're looking forward to it too.  We'll head west to see Our Lady of BYU and to give CAL a preview of the college life that awaits her in Idaho.  So it's going to be busy and fun, but not much of a break.

So I've been thinking what can the two of us do for a break?  Our last big trip was Australia and while I don't plan to top that, I'm thinking about doing one of these:
We've never cruised.  I have some significant reservations, not the least of which is the sense that we'll be hostage with some potentially nutty people.  I know we can pick an itinerary that would be appealing and find a ship that would keep us busy.  I'm just worried that being that close to other guests will turn it into this:
That poster title says it well...it won't take a tidal wave to turn a cruise upside down.  What if you get on a cruise that includes a bunch of car salesmen on an incentive trip?  Or a bunch of family reunions?  There's no way out...that's what worries me.

Am I worrying too much?  Is it worth it?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  I welcome them.

No comments: