31 March 2011

Hail Springfield

I so wish the Springfield we are visiting today was the home of the Simpsons, alas, no. That town deserves an entire amusement park, not just a ride.  Universal Studios Theme Park, are you listening?

No, the Springfield we are visiting is the capital of our corrupt, politically whacked fine state.  The Spring Break Cavalcade continues here in the Den.  Today, we go here:
I am so, so stoked!  Totally excited to pay homage to Abraham Lincoln.  I'd like to say my kids are as pumped as I am.  They are not.  I'm sure this little side trip is akin to sitting through slide shows of other peoples' vacations.  Like your aunt's trip through the Badlands of the Dakotas.  300 slides.  Those never ended well.  But I don't care.  I'm all kinds of excited.  The good news for my kids is that some of our good friends are going as well and so we have diversions as a result.

So, it's history geek bliss day for me.  And it's Opening Day!  So it's pretty much guaranteed to be an excellent day.

1 comment:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Never been, but want to go there. Let us know if it is worth the extra drive when we go visit Nauvoo.