23 March 2011

Something else I learned today

Working from home affords me the opportunity to take in a little afternoon television while I am eating lunch.  Usually I can watch the previous night's "Daily Show," which is consistently awesome.  Today, because I was hungry, I happened on to the Food Network and watched a little bit of the "Barefoot Contessa."  I learned the following:
  • The Barefoot Contessa is neither barefoot nor a contessa
  • She is, however, amazingly pretentious
That was my key learning today.  That is all.

From the journal 25 years ago today: A few moments to write on this domingo.  We saw M. ayer y hoy and he's going to be baptized today.  I hope this will be all he wants it to be.  We taught the first to J. yesterday.  We taught a fourth to N.  We had twelve investigators at Church today.  It was such a cool service.  After Church represented the usual transporte nightmare.  We got everyone taken care of by some big miracle...It's been a really great day.

No comments: