11 April 2011

From the Police Beat

One of the funniest reads around comes from the "Police Beat" column in the Daily Universe, the student newspaper at BYU.  It amazes me what these police officers have to deal with...seriously.  As I was reading the column today, I discovered this gem, filed under "Suspicious":

March 24: The police received a report of someone sitting naked on the cougar statue outside the football stadium. The subject was gone upon police arrival.

We were on campus that day.  How did I miss this?  I have a couple of other questions:
  • I'm thinking this was a prank call.  It was cold that day and I'm thinking that had someone gotten on that metal statue that they wouldn't have been able to pry themselves away before the cops got there.  Do you think this was for real?
  • If it was for real, what on earth was the above-referenced subject thinking?
Discuss.

From the journal 25 years ago today: Wait!  Did we really schedule three people for baptism today?  You bet we did!

3 comments:

Mr3Jack said...

Anyone believe that it wasn't you?

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Naked cougar sitting and baptism scheduling in the same post. You certainly are a well-rounded individual.

Tom said...

I love the Cougar police beat. Stolen Mentos from the bookstore, someone taking too many towels at the Richards building, Someone playing their music too loud in the dorms. I wish COPS would have done an episode on campus to show the world just how dangerous BYU can be.