06 April 2011

My time off and what I've learned

Today is the last day of my ten days off from work.  We're required to take ten consecutive business days off and I'm on my last day.  It's been a good break.  Lots of time with the family and had a chance to get some rest.  It's been good to decompress (not in a Southwest Airlines, ripping a hole in the roof of the plane kind of decompression, mind you).

If I've learned anything during this break, it is the following:  Daytime TV is a pox on humanity and it needs to be destroyed.  Now.

And the morning shows aren't even that bad.  I won't even go into all the horrors as there is no need.  I simply warn you - don't get sucked into the abyss of daytime television.  I was lucky.  I'm  glad I had the good sense to now get sucked into the train wreck.  Well, except for one.  This one:
This cavalcade of awesomeness has to be seen to be believed.  Based on a Japanese game show (so you know it's a lock for pain and humiliation.  And it is!  This show, making the rounds on MTV and MV2, never fails to bring out the 8th grader in me.  Yes, he's still in there and all it takes is the sight of the show's graphics to bring him out.  This show kills me.  And I can't get enough of it.  Ridiculous.

It's shortly back to work.  Glad I was able to meet the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML for lunch today on her lunch break.  I went back into her work space for the first time since she's gone back to work and it was cool to see her doing her thing, prepping for the afternoon patients and talking with her boss about the next set of procedures.  I'm proud of her.  Going back to work was a decision that we agonized over but it has been a real blessing to our family.  She's amazing.

1 comment:

Cheeseboy said...

If I had ten days off, there's no telling how many episodes of Silent Library I would watch. How many episodes are there?