25 April 2011

YouTube's Uses - A word of caution

If the modern interweb has taught us anything, it's taught us that YouTube is a veritable mine field of, well, steaming garbage.  It's a treasure trove of lip-synching narcissism, and that's being kind, and a haven for people of all stripes who would do a lot better if they just left their dark, dingy rooms every once in awhile.

YouTube does have its intuitive moments.  Like when it comes to medical procedures.  If you are having to schedule a medical procedure of any kind, simply enter the procedure into the YouTube search bar, and for better or worse, you'll know what's coming your way.  I did that in advance of a procedure I had today and after watching one of the videos of the procedures, I was in full dread mode.  So  you may want to rethink getting sneak preview of any upcoming invasive procedures.  Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

By order of the stunningly patient and mighty fine SML, I am not at liberty to discuss the nature of the procedure.  This is, for the most part, a family-friendly blog, and she fears that my inability to censor myself would turn this blog into an R-rated bonanza, were I to discuss today's shenanigans.  So, being the good husband that I strive to be, I will honor her request/edict and refrain.  She gets all kinds of points for being my "wingman" though today.  She's some kind of awesome.

Anyway, I'll say this, that Valium makes everything better.  This is not an endorsement of prescription drug debauchery.  All it took was one.  Although it's done nothing to assuage my sadness over the fact that the CowBros got tossed off "The Amazing Race" last night.  Not cool to see them go.  Not cool at all.

3 comments:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Cowboys weren't too bright this time around. I'm rooting for Justin and Zev this time. Not only because Zev sounds just like PeeWee Herman, but because he has some real struggles that he is overcoming, and Justin is an incredibly loyal friend who digs him.

Have fun with the valium

Mr3Jack said...

Sit on a bag of frozen peas Mike, it will make it all better.

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

I can help you some of that blog stuff. I was just teasing Mindi because she is due to have a baby any day. I can help with a button too - I would gladly display yours on my blog - we few males need to stick together.

I appreciate you putting my button up.