23 April 2011

Good Saturday.

OK, I get it.  There is no official "Good Saturday."  Although, I understand Hallmark is always looking for another way to sell greeting cards...but I digress.  Yesterday was Good Friday and it was a good day and for that I was grateful.

Today was a good Saturday.  Why?  Well, spring made an appearance here.  April has been pretty much one miserable day after another and I don't think we've been out of the 40's all month.  Until today.  The sun made a glorious appearance and we quickly found ourselves looking at temps in the 60's.  Such a day let me welcome spring by doing this:
This is NOT how I felt when I was done!
Our lawnmower, which is now 12 years old, spends about seven months in the garage, thanks to our winters that never end.  The Boy has been hinting - who am I kidding - pleading for a new lawnmower for the last two seasons.  Well, I hate to disappoint him on this (actually, I don't), but that thing fired up after only one tug on the starter.  I was a bit surprised.  I figured it was going to fight me more.  So I mowed and it was nice.  The smell of freshly cut grass was great.  Until I hit a heaping mound of dog poo.  That was not great.  I know it didn't come from our nutty dog.  The pile was a big as she is.  This is one of the drawbacks of living in an area where there are no fences.  So, let me just say "thanks" to that person who thought it would be cool to let their dog drop what it did in my backyard.  Thanks.  Thanks a lot.

No comments: