15 December 2009

Another Airport, Another Lounge

Just a quick note before I board yet another plane. I'm sitting in another one of Mother United's Red Carpet Club, awaiting a boarding announcement. I've enjoyed the fresh from the can orange juice and an exceedingly dry multi-grain mini-bagel. Gross. But it's free and I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Pathetic.

It's been a good couple of days with Mom. It's been a little more than three months since Dad died and in those dark first days after his death, it seemed impossible that Mom would be on her own. And yet, here she is, growing stronger each and every day and doing things we thought she wouldn't do. It's a miracle and a blessing. And I am most grateful for it. I am most appreciative of the things that my brother and sister are doing to care for Mom as well. This has been a true collective family effort and it's been good.

Not eager to get back to work this afternoon. Is it Friday yet?

No comments: