09 December 2009

talent

It's safe to say that I am fairly bereft of talent. I can't sing, play an instrument, act, etc. That's why I laughed when I saw this today:
What was his name anyway? Like it matters.

Growing up in the Church, from time to time my lack of talent was showcased in the Ward Road Show. Twice as I recall. And that was back when you took months to prepare and even compete to see who had the best production. It's safe to say that more than one mother who helped produce these shows was permanently damaged psychologically as a result. So in a nod to letting cooler heads prevail, the Road Show process has been scaled back. One day, one show - that's it. Prepare, practice and put it on all in one day. And the results - clever, happier kids, and less-damaged parents/producers. So I give you "Love Story" by the young men and young women of our ward:

Who's that female lead? Umm...that would be CAL! And the kid in the green t-shirt? The Boy. I have to admit, it was fun. That's because I was in the audience.

No comments: